Monday, March 9, 2009

To Do

I have so much to do. It's almost ridiculous.
Let's see...I'll make a list (I love lists!)

-Finish painting my wedding cake topper.
-Pack up stuff that I don't need.
-Print/Construct things for my senior show (Apr. 13!)
-Fix the map for our wedding invitations.
-Fix the RSVP thing for the invitations.
-Find addresses for the invitations.
-Finish drawing on my plate for printmaking.
-Prepare two more plates and figure out what I'll draw on them.
-Take photographs with verses on hands and feet for photography.
-Make a PowerPoint about a photographer to present.
-Take photos for Senior Show self portraits and invitations.
-Frame things for the show.
-Clean my room (it needs it very badly and it's driving me insane.)
-Start to exercise, I'm such a bum.
-Work on designing stuff for my uncle.
-Take photos of my future niece for her 4th birthday.

That's all I can come up with now.
The photos with hands and feet will be in this style. I'd like to do backs, but I can't find many verses that talk about backs.

I like to use verses in 'artwork' that I do. It makes it not such a drag to have homework.
FYI, the plate I'm currently working on is inspired from Song of Solomon 1:10.
I did a painting inspired by Job 3:11.
My tea company in Graphics III was Meleah Tea Co. Meleah is one of the Hebrew words for 'fruit.'
My wine company in Graphics II was called Marah vineyards. Marah is one of places the Israelites go in the wilderness after leaving Egypt. There is water there, but it is bitter until Moses puts the stick into it.
I had originally wanted to name it Sychar, which means drunkeness, but I thought Marah was prettier.
Oh, and the name Mary comes from Marah, thus Mary means bitter.
In typography I made a book with photos of body parts and verses that talk about them.

It's just what I do.

For my last birthday Miles bought me this wooden plaque thing that has my name on it.
It says:
Alysa
"Princess"
The king's daughter is all glorious within: her clothing is of wrought gold.
-Psalm 45:13

When he gave it to me he had memorized it and a few of the verses around it. It was sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment