Friday, April 17, 2009


Out of the few pictures Miles took of me with my projects, I think this one is the most 'me'.

Miles decided that it'd be a good idea if Mandie Nocita (he says you have to say her whole name because she's a ball player) took our picture.

This from when our Portfolio class went to visit some graphic design firms. Honestly I cropped the photo because my thighs looked vain am I?

The cake Miles' mom made for the bridal shower. I keep mentioning the cake but never showing it, and I finally resized it! Look how wonderful it is! I loved it!

Tomorrow (or today, depending on how you look at it) I am going to Aimee's for a bridal shower. I do wonder who all will be there. Quite a few people from school have said they'd come, and I imagine there will be a quite a few relatives there. I invited a ton of the girls from work but I don't think any of them will show up. Kristi (who I don't really consider a work friend because I grew up with her) has to work, Lauren has to work, Katie is only a junior in high school so I don't think she'd have fun and I think she knows that...but I've given her immunity since she did make it to my senior show, Sarah is going to stop by and drop off a present then head back out (it's prom so I understand), Megan says on facebook that she'll come, but I don't know if she really will. But, the word on the street is that Jena, Ashley, Hallie, Breanna, Megan (you're coming, right?!), Trisha, and Kailey are coming. It's possible that I'm forgetting someone or that others will show up or some of those won't. I do see the people from school much more often than the people at work.


That ugh was for absolutely no reason. I'm tired...maybe that's where it came from? I spent a good portion of the day with Miles. We had planned on touring an apartment today at 9am so I woke up at 7:30 to get ready for the day. He fell asleep on the couch and didn't wake up until 11:30. Needless to say we didn't make it to the tour. Then we planned on maybe going around 4. Miles called out there and the lady said that she basically didn't have time so it was good that we hadn't gone out there around 9. We ended up going to Menards and buying two seat cushions for patio chairs, then I made tacos. They gave me heartburn (boo)...but it didn't last for long.

Before coming home after Art History I attempted a few photo transfers on my plates for printmaking. The first one came out contrast, no darks, you can barely tell what the image is. But, the second one came out wonderfully. I'm very happy with it. I don't think the first picture was contrasty enough and/or I didn't have the press set to have enough pressure. Either way, I am now going to have to find a way to make it look like that transferring error was on purpose...eek.

Miles is sleeping in my bed right now. I am tired, and I'd really like to lay down. It's hard to share a bed when it's only a twin. I really hate being pushed up against the wall...especially since I have a day bed and therefore constantly hit my head or arm on the metal sideboard thing.

Tomorrow after the shower I am going to head to school and work on Portfolio and Printmaking. I think I may attempt to make some prints with my first plate. I half way have the grove of it...I just need to know how much lithotine I need to use to get the ink off so I can start that portion of the process over.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment