Saturday, September 12, 2009

I'm insanely tired.

Miles and I got back from South Dakota around 8:30 tonight. When we got back I played a little Donkey Kong while Miles finished listening to the Mizzou game. Then, I decided that it'd be a good idea to eat some dinner. I made this lasagna hamburger helper stuff that was actually pretty tasty. Miles fell asleep on the couch right after I started making it. He's still sleeping and I need to put the food in the fridge.

I've also been working on Katie's senior pictures. They're coming along, but there are so many of them and I haven't really had much time to work on them. I have a couple days off this week, so I'm thinking I can use that time to hopefully (fingers crossed) finish them up.

South Dakota proved to be a pretty good time. We got stuck in the rain on the way up there. Then we got the to hotel around 4 or 5. We swam for a little bit then ordered some Ruby Tuesday and it was pretty good as far as food goes. It had swiss cheese on it, which I can't say that I'm a fan of, so that made it a little less awesome. Miles fell asleep around 9, so I just watched some Project Runway/CSI: Miami (I know that NCIS can be hokey, but CSI: Miami is ridiculous), Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien which was funny, and a little bit of The Late Show with Jimmy Fallon. Poor Jimmy Fallon...he's totally unfunny, but he tries so hard. I felt bad for him because he'd leave a few seconds after jokes so people could laugh but no one was ever laughing. I ended up trying to go to sleep around midnight, but the bed wasn't comfortable, so I couldn't really sleep. Miles woke up around 5 and he woke me up around 7. We went to get some breakfast (free, continental, breakfast...what does continental mean, anyway?) We hung around the room until 11 when we had to check out. Then we headed to Falls Park to hang out, eat lunch, and take pictures. First it was slightly chilly and gloomy, then it got really warm and really sunny. Miles and I both ended up getting burned.
After we left the park we headed to the "Japanese Garden" park thing. Really it was just a walkway that had some stone paths, bamboo doors, and a couple of little stone areas to sit in. It was a disappointment. After we left Sioux Falls, we headed right out of town to the Heartland Corn Maze. It was an alright time. Basically this big corn field had the shape of a butterfly, caterpillar, and cocoon cut out and you have to find the answers to questions on a paper they give you at the beginning. That would have been more fun if it wasn't so muddy and if I wasn't carrying my camera bag around.
Then we headed home.

I love coming home after trips. I think it's my favorite part.

Basically, I'm really super tired right now. I think I am going to finish getting ready for bed, pack up that hamburger helper and go to sleep.
Eventually I'll upload some Sioux Falls pictures, but probably not until I get Katie's pictures all edited.


No comments:

Post a Comment