Friday, October 30, 2009

Sick and Burnt Out

I am getting so burnt out on pictures. GASP!
It seems like it's all I ever do...except for sleep and moan about my throat pain.
Okay, so I like taking pictures, I like editing pictures, etc. But, since September it's all I've been doing. It's getting so monotonous. Maybe it's not the pictures that I'm getting tired of, but the quantity instead. Especially this week.
I've been sick (who knew?!). Wednesday I took some senior pictures because I was thinking that I was feeling good. Of course half way through it I started to feel not great again. I'm still working on pictures from last Saturday, though those are pretty close to being done. And, I have two photo shoots tomorrow. I'm sooo dreading tomorrow. For one, I just know that I'm going to not feel good tomorrow. And, for two, I have no idea how to pose people for family photos. I had a dream the other day that I was at that photo shoot and I had no idea what to do. Maybe Miles will come with me? I think I could use some help with that.

This is what I want:
1. To feel 100% better.
No more of this not hungry, everything sounds disgusting, horribly sore throat and headache thing. It's just getting annoying. I go to sleep freezing and wake up hot and sweating.
2. To be done with pictures for just one week.
I love the feeling I get when I finish editing the last picture from a shoot. Then I get to upload them on Facebook, get the CDs to the person, and be done. Ah! I want that feeling with every project I have coming up and currently taking place. I want to be able to just relax for a little bit and not feel like I'm wasting time.

That's it! Is that so much to ask for?! It seems there's no end in sight! (I do actually think that December will be much better...or at least I hope so).

In kind of other news. I had to open at work today. I was actually not dreading it because I only had to work til 12 and it's never too horrible.
Back story: I was supposed to work yesterday (7:45-3) but Miles called in for me (I like him) because I woke up with a fever the night before and he didn't want me to go to work...and I didn't want to go to work.
So, I get there today. All is well, I put money in the drawers, get everything in its place, etc. Then, I look at the daily schedule to see who my cashier will be. It's Kim, which is cool. But, the thing is that Kim wasn't coming in until 9. Okay, so no big deal, that first hour is usually so dead that we don't need more than one person. But, wait! There's more! Other than a manager (who, by the way, was Wanda who happened to leave at 8am aka opening time) the only other person there, on the floor, was Johnnie who was running Layaway, Sports, Electronics, everything on that side of the store. My jewelry, ladieswear, everything else people weren't coming in until 9. Okay, so first I just think, "Well, what if someone calls and wants to know if we have something? Crap." But, no that didn't happen! Instead someone wanted to see if we had the necklace/bracelet combo in the ad for Friday only. I hadn't worked in jewelry for months, and since I had been back there they've changed the locks and moved things around. So, I went over and searched for the necklace and bracelet, having no idea where they'd have it. After people started lining up at service, Sharon walked in and came to my rescue. She helped the lady in jewelry before clocking in.
Then, everything was fine. It wasn't busy, I had enough help, no one got completely angry. Then! I was talking to Kim about how I was getting off work at 12, while looking at the schedule. It said I was working til 3. Now wait, my schedule in the back said 12, Alma was coming in at 12, why am I here til 3? Who knows? I asked Steve if I was staying til 12 or 3 and he said, "You're staying til 3!" To which I replied, "Awwww, really?" in a very whiny tone.
Okay, so 12 comes around, and I don't feel horrible. Then 1 comes around. Yep, I'm feeling pretty horrible now. From about 12:30 to 3 I was miserable. Customers would ask if I was okay, or tired, and when I'm sick I can't talk to people I don't know about how I'm sick. I also can't get sympathy. Both of those things make me cry.

So, I stopped by my momma's house, dropped of my laundry, and came home. I slept for probably an hour and a half or something like that and I woke up sweating again.


No comments:

Post a Comment