Thursday, March 3, 2011

Anna has Floppy Ears and Wears Hats

I've been going to some thrift stores lately...if you count two thrift stores in two days. I've obviously been taking Miss Anna with me, so I don't stay long.

I always look over the furniture and wish I could buy the chairs and fix them up. There were a few I had my eye on today at DAV. Today I ended up not buying the chairs, go figure, but instead buying a basket for $1.48 and a Robin glass.

Wednesday I went to Goodwill mainly to look for candle holders. Saturday night I'm making dinner for Miles for his birthday and I want to make the table all pretty. The regular candle holders for tapered candles are (I think it was) $2.50 a piece, which is stupid. I found four of them which were marked for 99 cents each, but apparently they weren't that much. I ended up buying them and a toy for Anna for $2.95 total.

I've been playing with it way more than she has. I guess she's still a bit young for it, but all she really wants to do with it is put it in her mouth. It still needs to be cleaned, so I'm trying to make her face keep its distance.

I'd like to go to the Salvation Army, but I know there's no way I could get the stroller in there. Boo, Salvation Army.

This room is ridiculously dusty. Originally I had planned on dusting tonight. That's gone out the window and I'm doing this instead...wayyy more productive. Ehh.

Saturday we're having Miles' birthday 'party' thing. I'm hoping the weather is nice and not horribly awful like it could be. I'm also hoping we have a good group show up. I actually need to still decide for sure where it will be held. When I think about Saturday I picture it in Elwood at the park...so I should probably just tell everyone that it'll be there. I think I'm more excited for it than Miles is, even though we'll be playing wiffle ball. Getting out of the house, being outside, and seeing people will all be wonderful things. Oh, and food! I'm making a caramel macchiato cheesecake. I've never made cheesecake before, so I don't know how good it'll be, but here's to hoping!

Saturday night I'm apparently making fried shrimp and fried chicken. Now I'm comfortable making fried chicken, but I've never, ever made shrimp in any shape or fashion. Eeek. I'm a big fan of fried foods but I really hate cooking them. It makes it so much harder to tell if the food is done. Oy vey. Let's hope all turns out well on that front.

I think that's all I've got for now. I'm just too boring these days. Yes, I was interesting at one point (don't you remember?) and I've since lost it!

1 comment:

  1. You are still interesting. You just don't get to see everyone very much! :-( Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete