Saturday, June 12, 2010

Home, again.

Sometimes I come up with what I want the title of my blog post to be, then I realize I've already used it. Today it was going to be called "And we're back." Apparently that's what I used when we got back from South Dakota. I really need to come up with some better titles.

So, it's been a year as of today! Yesterday Miles and I left for Kansas City around 3:30. We stopped by Quik Trip for drinks, as you do, or as we do, when driving through Platte City. Then we headed to basically the plaza. We stayed at a bed and breakfast called Southmoreland and it was very strange at first, but very nice. This guy named Ben showed us around the place and took our orders for breakfast in the morning. After we got settled in Miles took a "shower" then we headed down to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Neither of us had been there, so we were completely sure on what to expect. Sadly they didn't have chicken fried chicken, but they did have chicken and biscuits...which is not something I'd think to put together. It was pretty good, but fairly expensive (I think everything is expensive). I got three pieces of chicken that wasn't breaded, mashed potatoes and some biscuits all in country gravy. At first I thought the gravy tasted more like alfredo sauce, but then it slowly started to taste like wasn't very country though. We had planned on getting some cheesecake, but were both too full. We headed back to the room and played Scrabble. I won after playing 10 turns each, then we played 5 more and Miles won those. My letters were almost always "AAEEIOU" and apparently Miles wasn't drawing very many vowels. We had similar problems there.
Then, we headed to bed. Miles fell asleep around 10 since he hadn't slept since 11:45 the night before, and I went to sleep at 10:30ish, even though I woke up at noon that day. By the time I actually got ready for bed and laid down I wasn't very tired. The bed was pretty comfy but it hurt my back as just about every bed does. Miles woke up at 7 and went to read and smoke then I woke up at 7:45. Our breakfast was scheduled for 9, so I took a "shower" then finished getting ready.
Now let me tell you about these showers. They had a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom but no shower. So, to make up for the no shower, they had the shower head attached to the tub. Basically, I took a bath with a shower head that I had to hold for the majority of the time. It wouldn't have been that bad if the water wasn't always way too hot or way too the central air was on which made the bathroom even colder. When Ben was giving us the tour he called it a European shower. Psh, that's why I don't go to Europe.
After eating breakfast (french toast with peaches, some kind of fruit drink, and a pork chop) we finished getting ready then checked out.

We planned on going to the zoo today, but it decided to storm instead. We waited in the parking lot for about 45 minutes to an hour waiting for the rain to subside, but when it did it didn't last for long. Miles still wanted to go in but since I didn't know what the plan was before leaving home, I had only packed flip flops. My flip flops get super slick when wet and I didn't have any kind of jacket or sweater to wear. Plus I knew I wouldn't be getting my camera out in the rain. So, we headed home. Then I took a nap.

Miles opened his presents today. I think he liked them. I ended up getting a frame thing and a box from Hobby Lobby that I painted up and such. The frame has a picture of us from the wedding in it and the box is empty for the time being. I'm going to make cards with verses on them so I can put them in his lunch every night. I would have done that already but of course I ran out of time.

Now it's about 5:15 and I'm pretty tired...again. I don't know why. I've gotten enough sleep and I've had some coffee today...and more sleep on top of that. I think I'll just make some hot chocolate and do some laundry. Maybe I'll wash the dishes later. We'll see.

On an unrelated note, Anna is moving a ton today. I like it but since they're getting stronger and way more often since I can feel the smaller movements now, it's odd. I'm thinking Miles and I need to go register at Target soon. Then print baby shower invitations.

There's always lots to do.

1 comment:

  1. You have to go to The Cheesecake Factory again just to get cheesecake! It is amazing!!!!