Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Goals, Not Resolutions

I've made a list of talking points for this entry.  That's how scatter-brained I am these days.  I can't even remember what I want to say long enough to say it.

Anyway.  I've been thinking about what I'd like for myself this year.  I'm about a month late for this kind of post, but I don't care too much about that.  It's taken me this long to come up with what I have so here goes.

First off, I want to start on a quilt this year.  A full blown fabric-scrap-pieces quilt.  I don't know when, for what, or for who (whom? those will never make sense to me), but I do know that I want to start on one.  If I thought I'd realistically get close to finishing a quilt this year I'd go for that, but I'd rather not be that big of a failure.

Back on the topic of me and exercising.  I started the 30-Day Shred by Jillian Michaels on January 2nd and stopped on the 15th because my knees were hurting.  We've since had a talk, I told them that they were being big babies and they've gotten better.  Yesterday I restarted the workout in hopes of not hurting myself so I can actually finish the 30-day challenge.  Here's to hoping!  I've made a few goals for myself that are basically dependent on me finishing the shred, so maybe those will keep me going.

I want to be able to wear pants like these and have them look cute:
Specifically I want to wear them for family photos.  We didn't get a chance to do any photos this fall, so I've told Miles I want to do some this spring.

Another goal is that I want to be able to wear a skirt that I've made myself.  Now I don't have to be in shape to do that, but for it to fit correctly, I think I might.
That's the pattern that I have.  Joann had a 99 cent sale on all Simplicity patterns, so I bought a few.  I think the top left skirt could be cute.  I wish they had a real picture of it, though, instead of a drawing.

Another pattern I bought was for this dress:
I think it's way cute.  The bad thing is that I'm not very good at sewing, so this one will have to wait.  Let me make a few skirts before I try tackling something like that. 

Other weight loss goals I have include being comfortable in a bathing suit (or as comfortable as possible), fitting in jeans that I've never been able to wear, and wearing actual shorts this summer.

I do have some other goals that are not centered around losing weight.  Those mainly focus on photography.  I'll be getting a Nikon D7000 (which I'm way too incredibly stoked about, but I won't get into that) when we get our tax refund back and the cameras are in stock.  Seriously, no one has them in stock...what's the deal?  Once I get that camera I'm going to try to book a few weddings.  I have one booked in August, one in September, and a possible wedding in November.  I'd like to get maybe one for June and one for July.  June would be hard to plan for though, since our family will be going to Colorado for a week or so somewhere in there.

Anyway, I've decided that once I get the camera I'm going to try to do a photo challenge.  I've attempted one before, but I lost interest in the challenges, so I'll either have to find a good one or make one myself.  We'll see.

Oh!  And, I've decided that I should change my photography business name.  If I'm going to actually make money I need to make it an actual business, right?  Alysa Ramsay Photography just doesn't work.  I have way too many syllables in my name for it to flow.  Also, not that I've had any unsatisfied customers, but in the even that I did I'd rather them be made at my business than my name.  Does that make sense?  I think so.  Anyway, the name that I'm thinking about now is Bountiful Eye Photography.  It's not really much shorter, but it is one syllable down.

Here's my potential logo:




I like it right now.  I may hate it tomorrow, but hopefully not.

Oh, and here's a cute baby:
Her hair is barely long enough for pig tails so I had to take advantage of it.  Seriously, how cute is she?!

Tomorrow I am taking some family/maternity pictures at 2.  It should be a good time.  I'm bringing a small yellow rocking chair I bought for Anna, a small chalk board, and a couple of blankets.  Maybe some bubbles, too.  We'll see.  If only I had my new camera for that shoot!  Come on government and camera places!  Work together on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment